Tuesday, 28 June 2011

How to....drink from a bottle of water

On my initial trip to Delhi I didn't expect to have to re-educate myself how to drink a bottle of water. The local technique (kindly demonstrated by a former colleague in the video) illustrates how the continuous stream of water arches neatly into the drinker's mouth and gulped down in one ongoing motion. This canny way of consuming H2O prevents the spreading of germs between the rim of the bottle. It also promotes social behaviour. Until I came to India I had never seen strangers on a train or metro, ask another if they could share some water from their bottle. It brought a smile to my face.
As for my technique, I managed to almost choke in the process and ended up with a soaking wet T.Shirt. A bit like hopping onto a moving bicycle in Holland. If you've not grown up on it, you're never going to master it.
*please note if you want to try this at home stand up straight and not on your back (as the video wrongly suggests due to my poor camera work and editing) otherwise you will definitely choke.

No comments:

Post a Comment